The 2020 Partners in Excellence (PIE) Awards Ceremonies have started across the system, and they will continue through April. Whether you support Information Systems at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, are a Radiologic Technologist at Cooley Dickenson Hospital or a clinician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital or Massachusetts General Hospital, there are many reasons to celebrate. Partners institutions are recognizing the above and beyond contributions of individual and team recipients at their respective Partners in Excellence Awards Ceremony.
This popular employee recognition program has been a Partners tradition since 1996. The program was recently refreshed with a new look and more streamlined selection criteria for identifying individuals or teams who have made significant contributions to Partners in these new categories that reflect the breadth and depth of the work we do across the system:
• Commitment to an Exceptional Patient Experience – providing quality, coordinated and compassionate care
• Optimizing Collaboration – among and across individuals, teams and the system
• Enhancing Efficiency – achieving outstanding outcomes with resourceful approaches
• Advancing Innovation & Progress – leading the development and implementation of new ideas
• Fostering Community – improving the health and well-being of our colleagues and neighbors
• Integrating Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – engaging each other in everything we do and enriching our work environment
These awards ceremonies also enable us to recognize and thank employees and teams at all levels for contributing to the organization’s success over the past year and going above and beyond the call of duty.
McLean Hospital held the first awards ceremony in December, and ceremonies are continuing across they system through April. Keep an eye out for your institution’s communications for recipient and celebration information. Then attend your ceremony to support and cheer on your colleagues.
Each year hundreds of employees from administrative to clinical teams show up to the Partners in Excellence Ceremonies. We might all play a different role, but it’s the employees who make this organization run and succeed as the go-to place for care in our communities. Our organization is only as great as the people who embody the values and the mission, so let’s celebrate these talented individuals and their outstanding work.
A Look Back: 2019 was a Banner Year for Partners HealthCare
Here is just a sampling of our accomplishments over the past year:
• The Partners HealthCare Board of Directors named Anne Klibanski, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer of Partners HealthCare, making Dr. Klibanski the first female chief executive of Partners HealthCare.
• A coordinated five-year system-wide strategy was developed and announced.
• Our hospitals continue to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report as national leaders in providing extraordinary patient care.
• More than 100,000 participants are enrolled in the Partners Biobank, making it one of the largest biobanks in the country and helping to accelerate clinical research.
Pictured above, left to right at McLean Hospital's Partners in Excellence Awards Ceremony: Carol Vallone, Chair, McLean Hospital Board of Trustees, award recipient Sharon Flatgard and Scott L. Rauch, MD, President and Psychiatrist in Chief, McLean Hospital.